TMHS 231: Morning Routines That Supercharge Your Fat Loss, Health, And Productivity
Why not start your body off each day in a fat-burning state? It’s as easy as drinking a glass of water… and here’s why.
A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that drinking just 17 ounces of water can increase your metabolic rate by up to 30%. Wait, what?! So, this whole drinking water to lose fat thing actually works? In short, yes. But the real gold is in the details.
The researchers in the study found that the total thermogenic response of drinking the water was a burn off of about 24 Calories. Just to be clear, this does not mean that chug-a-lugging gallons of water each day will have you burning massive amounts of calories. There’s an upper limit to this that easily gets bypassed by overdoing it on the aqua. Just like everything else in life, too much of even a good thing can quickly turn into a bad thing (unless it’s watching Game of Thrones… according to my wife, there’s no such thing as too much). Yet, the upper limit is definitely not the issue for the majority of people.
The average person today does not give their body the real hydration it needs. Chronic dehydration goes hand-in-hand with chronic disease, and still it’s disappointedly overlooked in the medical profession. Most people are not giving their body the water-induced thermogenic benefits possible for them because they are missing out on small keys that open big doors of health and wellness.
One, it’s water… not juice, not “vitamin water”, not gatorade, snakeade, or turtleade, not soda, not coffee… just WATER. Two, the actual quality of water matters. It matters in how it relates to your tissues. Specifically, the aquaporin channels that get the water from your belly into your cells. For more on that, make sure to check out the Hydration and Water Masterclass episode right after this one. Third, it’s how and when they drink the water. Follow up studies found that drinking 1 – 2 ounces of water had no significant thermogenic effect. Sippy sippin on the water bottle throughout the day just isn’t going to cut it. You need to get in a nice oil change a couple of times a day. Target 16 – 24 ounces to make the magic happen. And, as you’ll discover today, getting that first drink in to start your day has even more advantage, and might be a game-changing cornerstone of a morning routine that transforms your life.
Today you’ll learn how a consistent morning routine literally changes your brain and helps to set you up for success. You’ll also learn about morning routines of some of the most successful people on the planet, and real, tangible proof that their success (and having an effective morning routine) is not an accident. Just click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How our daily actions determine our ultimate success.
- Why a morning routine provides you with a valuable sense of certainty.
- The science of momentum and how it inherently influences our lives.
- How a consistent morning routine affects our brains.
- The missing piece when people try to create new positive habits for themselves.
- Why many of us start our days with high stress.
- Why it’s important to get hydrated as soon as your day begins.
- The daily ritual that Warren Buffett uses to ensure his continued success.
- How to train your mind to be more focused and resilient each day.
- How to give your body a metabolic advantage each day.
- Why the first food or beverage you have to start your day has a bigger impact on your performance.
- The best way to ensure you accomplish your biggest goal for the day.
- Additional morning routine components you can mix and match and experiment with.
- Morning routines of some of the most successful and healthy people on the planet.
- How to adjust your morning routine in a pinch, plus other valuable ways to personalize your best morning routine.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Evening Routines That Enhance Sleep – Episode 216
- Exercise Your “NO” Muscle With Michael Hyatt – Episode 206
- Hydration And Water Masterclass – Episode 73
- Master Your Mindset With Eric “ET” Thomas – Episode 120
- The Miracle Morning With Hal Elrod – Episode 102
- Truth About Adrenal Fatigue With Dr. Alan Christianson – Episode 226
- Accomplish Your Biggest Goals With John Lee Dumas – Episode 138
- Benefits Of Expressive Writing With Katie Dalebout – Episode 172
- Movement Meditation With Tristan Truscott – Episode 154
- 8 Incredible Health Benefits Of Fasting – Episode 124
- The Benefits Of Cold Thermogenesis – Episode 127
- Unprocess Your Diet With Natalie Jill – Episode 156
- Weight Loss Breakthroughs With Drew Manning – Episode 110
- Fitness In Relationships With Danielle & Darren Natoni – Episode 135
- The Sweet Potato Diet With Michael Morelli – Episode 212
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!