Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
THMS 101: Natural Treatments For Asthma And How To Reset Your Immune System
It’s called a medical paradox….
According to Harvard Medical School, despite an ever growing arsenal of powerful drugs and a deeper understanding of asthma symptoms, more people are dying from the disease than ever.
It’s depressing effects hit hardest in the millions of children that are living with asthma. There are over 7 million children with asthma in the U.S. alone, and that number is growing steadily each day.
Einstein said, “We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them.” So, to find a real solution for asthma, we have to step outside the conventional paradigm that is (admittedly) failing anyway.
There are numerous natural treatments for asthma that are proven to be effective, but you may never hear about them if you don’t know the right place to look.
We are moving past the isolation-based thinking of finding more treatments for asthma symptoms and, instead, working intelligently to remove the underlying cause of the disease itself.
That’s what today’s powerhouse episode is all about. We’re talking eliminating inflammation, reseting your immune system, plus a whole lot more.
This one can save lives and eliminate a whole lot of emergency room visits, so please remember to share!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Shocking statistics about the rapid growth of asthma.
- Why conventional medicine is baffled by the growth of asthma-related deaths.
- What an asthma attack looks and feels like.
- What primary triggers cause the nervous system to generate asthma symptoms.
- How I overcame my struggles with asthma and seasonal hay fever.
- What the main cause of asthma really is.
- How immune system function is directly related to asthma symptoms.
- The 5 steps to reverse and treat asthma naturally.
- How food allergies and food sensitivities are linked to asthma.
- What The Big 4 Culprits behind food allergies are.
- How autoimmune conditions are related to gut health.
- What foods to pull out to reduce inflammation and eliminate asthma symptoms.
- What roll mucus plays in our health and how it can go wrong.
- Shocking research showing that a certain type of milk can help reduce asthma issues.
- What environmental factors can trigger asthma symptoms.
- What foods and supplements help to prevent asthma symptoms.
- The #1 ranked botanical for treating asthma.
- Why omega 3 fatty acids have such a powerful impact on asthma.
- What frontline things you can do when asthma symptoms start to manifest.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Medical Paradox – Asthma Doctors Puzzled – NY Times
- Lose The Wheat, Lose The Weight With Dr. William Davis – Model Health Podcast
- 7 Tips To Influence Friends & Family To Live Healthier – Model Health Podcast
- What Are The Dangers Of Soy?
- Helion Fx Omega <= Omega 3 Supplement — Helion ProFloraS <= Probiotic supplement
- Health Benefits Of Magnesium
- 8 Steps To A Healthy Pregnancy And Birthing Process – Model Health Podcast
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.
Share Your Voice
I have greatly reduced my asthma through most of the ways mentioned in your show. However, my asthma has always been worse in winter and now this winter I am pregnant (Due July – I’m based in Australia) and have been warned that asthma is worse during pregnancy and that my inhaler isn’t healthy for baby. I was wanting to try the ShroomTech Sport to give me extra help during this time, could you tell me if it is safe for pregnant women? I am completely healthy (no other health conditions other than my asthma) and a low risk pregnancy.
Love your show, it’s life changing! Thanks for your knowledge and energy.
Love & Light
HI Shawn can you send me the link to the show notes i cant find it. Shawn before i could see them but now on your latest podcast i don’t see them?
Hey, thanks for listening, Daniel! This is the show notes page actually. If you’re referring to a transcript of the show, we did that for a few episodes as a test run, but the demand wasn’t big enough for the investment we were making in them. Maybe we’ll circle back around to it someday 🙂
Hi Shawn do you know any good supplement for my 5 year old brother that I could take from vitamin shoppe or Amazon any sweet supplement for kid because he is pickey he doesnt like everything and he doesn’t drink water. He takes Albuterol Sulfate and Budesonide meds. Can you also tell me what food my brother should stay away. I really don’t wanna lose my brother and I am sorry you lost your daughter,uncle to asthma!!
Wow. I have a few friends who deal with asthma and this was really interesting. It’s stunning how many ailments are tied back to inflammation in some way. Thanks for such solid information and the steps to deal with it.
I appreciate that so much, Vincent. You’re right about the inflammation connection. Thanks for sharing that!
Thanks so much Shawn for all that you do along with your awesome co-host. I truly look forward to hearing what you have to say regarding this topic.
Just wanted to say that I love your show and am so grateful for discovering it last year. I really enjoyed your most recent show on asthma. I wanted to ask about the lack of mention on vaccines role in triggering an autoimmune response in children that could result in a number of childhood diseases including asthma. The science is there regarding this issue and I was hoping that vaccines would at least be a part of the conversation of potential causes. It is so important that this information is talked about because there are untold numbers of people who don’t make the possible connection and your show is a great vehicle for that. I don’t know what your personal views are regarding this very volatile and touchy subject but I know you must be concerned with the toxic substances we are injecting into the bodies of our children and the consequences thereof?
I don’t remember if Sayer Ji from Green Med info being a previous guest on your show but he would be a wonderful addition and just the person to discuss the topic of vaccination. Watching what we eat is critical but what about what we inject?
Thank so much and Happy 100.
Maria, thank you SO much for that! I’m glad you discovered us as well :). You are very, very correct about the ties to vaccinations. It’s such an important (and often emotionally charged) topic that I have to dedicated an entire show/masterclass to the subject. I couldn’t have done it justice along with all of the other info packed into this one hour to drive the most parents out there to make a different decision when it comes to vaccinations. This is the line that was omitted from this episode because it would open up another 45 min plus of education on it: “Science News reviews reports by researchers that show that vaccinated children have a higher incidence of asthma and diabetes than do unvaccinated children.” It’s seen all throughout the data, and I’ll make sure to get the word out in an intelligent and compassionate way that helps to drive real change.
Thank you so much for sharing your voice!
where do i find the show notes? i was interested about the probiotics you take
Robert, thanks for listening to the show! This is the show notes page. The probiotic supplement I currently use is above under “Items mentioned in this episode”.