Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 043: 8 Steps To A Healthy Pregnancy And Birthing Process
In this episode of The Model Health Show we’re discussing a topic that’s absolutely critical in our world today. Child birth and pregnancy has gradually been shifting out of the hands of women and their families, and more into the hands of conventional medicine. Many people are shocked to find out that the U.S. has the second worst ranking in the entire developed world for infant death rate. It’s time to put the power back in the hands of mothers to raise strong, healthy children, and it all begins with being informed.
To help talk about this topic today, I’ve brought on a special guest who inspires me everyday, my beautiful wife Anne Stevenson. She’s going to be sharing some incredible insights about having a healthy, safe pregnancy and child birth that you simply won’t hear anywhere else.
This is an amazing show in so many ways, and important for both women and men to hear. Whether you’re expecting a child, not having kids for many years, or giving birth is far in your past, this information is vital for you to share with the people you care about.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why the Joint Commission is cracking down on C-sections and interventions during birth.
- How being born vaginally impacts the baby’s immune system.
- Why your birthing process starts way before the day you give birth.
- How exercise is helpful to a successful labor and child birth.
- How to utilize exercise to improve the connection between mom and baby during pregnancy.
- What affirmative techniques can be used to help mom with her mental and emotional wellness.
- Why having supportive, knowledgeable people of natural child birth in your life is important.
- What a home birth labor and delivery is like (this is a unique step-by-step example).
- Why having more freedom to move around during labor is so significant.
- How consciously eliminating stressors during labor can be helpful.
- What the benefit of the birthing tub really is.
- Why going “primal” was so helpful in this birthing process.
- What the role of the father/partner is in the birthing process.
- The shocking number of labors that are induced in the U.S. and their impact on C-section rates.
- What the potential side effects of synthetic oxytocin are.
- Why giving birth while lying on your back can be problematic for some women.
- The 8 steps to a healthy pregnancy and birthing process.
- How to handle family members and friends who are not supportive of your birthing decisions.
- What critical things need to be considered in a birthing plan.
- What some of the big nutrition do’s and don’ts are during pregnancy.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.