Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 166: The Secret Life Of Your Immune System
Hippocrates, who is largely considered to be the father of modern medicine, said that, “Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.” Hippocrates was speaking about the miraculous power of our immune system, and that’s what today’s show is all about.
Where is this mysterious immune system located? And how does it work? These are questions that I used to ponder many years ago, and it led me to realize that to understand the bigger picture, I first needed to understand the smaller picture.
Our immune systems are hyper-intelligent and, in a strange way, they are omnipotent and omnipresent in the evolution of humanity. Our immune systems are what have enabled us to adapt and move beyond all manner of diseases that could have wiped us out long ago. But, our immune system is the trainer, rehabilitator, and defender of every cell in our body. Our immune system is something to be highly praised and supported. And a great way to show thanks is to learn a little more about it.
Your immune systems is doing its job from the top of your head to the very bottom of your feet. But the heart of your immune system lives a very secret and special life that we are going to dive into today. You’ll learn a big part of how this amazing system works, plus value-packed tips to help you keep your immune system strong and healthy for a lifetime.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the 3 major functions of your lymphatic system are.
- How your lymphatic system engages with cancer cells.
- The surprising way that your lymphatic system impacts fat-soluble nutrients.
- How weight loss is influenced by your lymphatic system.
- Why your circulatory system and lymphatic system differ in how they move throughout your body.
- What all of your major lymphatic organs are (this might surprise you!).
- How your lymph fluid gets filtered at different points in your body.
- Where the training of your immune system takes place.
- What lymphocytes are and why they’re crucial to your health.
- What your largest lymphatic organ is and the important roles it plays.
- How the all-important thymus gland governs your immune system.
- What a vestigial structure is (this is just weird!).
- Which organ is a “safe house” for friendly bacteria.
- Your body’s first line of defense for your immune system.
- Why haphazard use of antibiotics can be devastating to our health (and our society).
- Which specific foods help to enhance immune system function.
- How a poorly functioning lymph system can impair your body’s lipid metabolism.
- What supplements can be helpful for the lymphatic system.
- How movement impacts your lymphatic system.
- What the best exercises are for your lymphatic system.
- Why our sleep quality has a huge influence on detoxification.
- How our clothing can impact our lymph flow (this is shocking!).
- How stress, cancer, and the lymphatic system are all related.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model – Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Organifi.com = Use the coupon code modelhealth for 20% off & a free book!
- Hydration And Water Masterclass – The Model Health Show
- The Best Health & Fitness Rebounder! – Check it out here!
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- Benefits Of Cold Thermogenesis – The Model Health Show
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.
Share Your Voice
Have you done a show on ketosis supplements? Are they safe? if you have can you list the show number so I can listen and if not, can you add this topic to your research list?