Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 165: 12 Principles to Change Your Brain & Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen
An ever expanding mystery to biologist and physicist alike, the human brain is truly the final frontier in understanding our universe, our world, and ourselves.
The form and function of your brain literally dictates everything about you. Your ability to choose papaya over Pop Tarts, your ability to choose forgiveness over hate, and your ability to choose courage over fear are all governed by that magnificent 3 pound organ resting inside of your head.
Your brain directs hormone function, activation of genetic programs, management of all of your senses and how you experience the world, and so much more. Today you’ll get an accelerated, easy-to-understand masterclass on brain basics.
Dr. Daniel Amen is a prolific physician, writer, and speaker who has been a pioneer in transforming our society’s understanding of the human brain, and how the function of our brain deeply impacts every area of our lives.
There might not be any information you’ll ever receive that can have a greater impact on your life. If you can change your brain, you can literally change everything about your reality. Learn from Dr. Amen what you can do to ensure you have the best brain possible. Avoid things that hurt your brain, and indulge in the things that help it. Let’s do this!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why eating the wrong kind of fats can damage your brain.
- What brain SPECT imaging is (and why it’s so life-changing!).
- Why adequate sleep is crucial for brain health.
- 12 principles to change your brain and change your life.
- Why a healthy brain is the #1 key for success in any area.
- Why the notion of free will is a very, very grey area.
- What makes your brain an “energy hog”.
- How soft your brain actually is (this will really surprise you!).
- Shocking reports on the relationship between soccer and brain damage.
- What Dr. Amen discovered in his NFL concussion studies.
- How alcohol consumption impacts your brain.
- How brain health relates to sexual health.
- Why there’s actually different types of anxiety, depression, and ADD.
- Why brain aging is optional (this is important!).
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.