As we head into the winter months, illnesses like the cold and the flu become more prevalent. In order to protect yourself and your family from seasonal viruses and infections, it’s important to keep your immune systems in check, particularly during a seasonal transition.
Supporting a healthy immune system can take many forms, including appropriately nourishing your body with immune-boosting foods, using exercise to prevent stagnation of the lymphatic system, and getting quality sleep. Most importantly, the key to maintaining health is understanding the role of the immune system, and how to fortify it on a consistent basis.
On today’s episode, we’re diving into the complexities of the incredible, powerful, and highly-intelligent immune system. You’ll learn ten practical tools and strategies you can incorporate into your routine to maintain wellness, not only during cold and flu season, but all year long.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The different types of cells that make up your immune system.
- What T-cells are, and their function within the body.
- How the human body is able to build immunity.
- The fascinating science behind the healing powers of bone broth.
- What to look for in a Vitamin D supplement.
- The surprising link between Vitamin D deficiencies and autoimmune diseases.
- Which foods contain high levels of Vitamin C.
- A common misconception about the best time to take Vitamin C.
- Where the majority of the immune system is located.
- What the glymphatic system is, and how it relates to sleep.
- How to reset your body’s circadian rhythm.
- The most effective types of exercise for supporting your immune system.
- What rebounding is, and why it is beneficial for lymphatic flow.
- How many ounces of water you should drink on a daily basis.
- Why exposure to cold temperatures is actually good for your body.
- How medicinal mushrooms can modulate your immune system.
- The importance of eating seasonally.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Transformationalnutrition.com/model ⇐ Take the ITN assessment!
- Onnit.com/Model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- The Secret Life of Your Immune System – Episode 166
- The Truth About Collagen & Genetic Plasticity with Dr. Cate Shanahan – Episode 297
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- How to Create a Sleep Sanctuary & Get the Best Sleep Ever – Episode 86
- The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis – Episode 127
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!