Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 87: How to Gain Weight in a Smart, Healthy Way & Why Being Underweight Can Be Dangerous
Being that our modern society has an epidemic of diabetes and obesity, it may surprise a lot of people that anyone would be interested about finding a way to gain weight. It may also come as a surprise that many people are unknowingly struggling with health problems as a result of being underweight or having a body fat percentage that’s too low.
What abundant health is, as with many things, it’s uncovering that perfect balance for oneself. Abundant health is finding that “sweet spot” where your energy is high, your physical body is functional and strong, and you feel good about who you are.
So, whether you desire to tip the scale up or down, you’re going to get a lot of value out of today’s show in understanding HOW the process of weight gain happens, things that encourage it, and things that can block it from taking place.
If your goal is to gain some healthy weight, then this episode will change your life and give you the specific areas that you may need to ensure in order to make it happen.
If your goal is weight loss, then there is a tremendous amount of value in finding out what not to do so that you can finally get an edge in creating the body that you desire.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Typical health problems associated with being underweight.
- What having a “fast metabolism” actually means.
- Why being thin does not equate to being healthy.
- Why measuring your Body Mass Index (BMI) can be very misleading.
- How to reframe your relationship with the weight scale.
- What major organ dysfunction is typically responsible for an inability to gain weight.
- How chronic stress relates to being underweight.
- How hormone imbalances can create challenges in gaining weight.
- The percentage of people who have parasites (this is shocking!)
- How an inability to gain weight could be caused by digestive problems.
- How you can instantly improve your nutrient assimilation (it has to do with DNA!)
- 7 health problems that can occur when your body fat is too low.
- The influence that your body fat has on your immune system.
- Why your body fat percentage has a huge impact on your brain function.
- How body fat influences your sex hormones (especially testosterone!)
- Why female athletes can have problems with their menstrual cycle.
- What my personal health challenges were like when my body fat was too low.
- How our emotions are influenced by our body fat percentage.
- How to gain weight by shifting the way your hormones operate.
- Specific foods you should eat more of if you want to gain weight.
- The truth about white rice vs. brown rice.
- The powerhouse mass gaining drink I created.
- What to have post-workout to aid in muscle gain.
- What critical exercise adjustments to make in order to gain healthy weight.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- 5 Tips For A Healthy Liver – Model Health Podcast
- How Stress Can Make Us Fat, Dumb, And Unhappy – Model Health Podcast
- 10 Ways To Boost Testosterone Naturally – Model Health Podcast
- Surthrival Colostrum
- The Fat Loss Code
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.