Our intelligence is not static. It’s something that can expand, evolve, and develop as long as we are alive and kicking. But, your brain (being the complex muscle that it is) needs exercise. If you don’t use it, you lose it. And I mean that quite literally.
Neuroplasticity shows us that our brains can literally rewire themselves and create new connections no matter where we are in life. It just needs the opportunity to do the amazing things it’s capable of. And, as you’ll discover today, not using your brain in new and novel ways can lead to cognitive decline. So, exercise your brain, so that you can flex your mental muscles for a lifetime!
Just like your body gets used to the same exercise, so does your mind. So, this episode is dedicated to giving you some stranger things (backed by science) that can make you smarter than ever. It’s the little things that can often make a big difference. If you’re willing to experiment, and get outside your comfort zone, you just might find some superpowers that you didn’t even know existed. So, whether you’re 11 or 111, hopefully these tips will broaden your horizons and help you live the life you’re destined for.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The weird reason I’m not a big fan of horror films.
- One of the only supplements proven to improve your memory in clinical trials.
- How the left and right sides of your brain operate differently.
- How to instantly activate more of your brain by using your non-dominant side.
- Why it might not be a good idea to force your child to be ambidextrous.
- How occasionally altering your daily routine can exercise your mind.
- Simple ways to switch up your habits to enhance your results.
- The surprising benefits that dancing has on your brain.
- What activities are shown clinically to reduce your risk of dementia.
- How different stages of sleep affect memory and cognition.
- The real reason why alcohol disrupts sleep quality.
- The surprising pros and cons of watching television.
- The little known ways that reading makes you more intelligent.
- How vocalizing and teaching someone else actually helps you to learn better.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Healthy Brain, Happy Life – With Dr. Wendy Suzuki
- Step Into Your Power – With Bo Eason
- Morning Routines That Supercharge Your Health
- Evening Routines That Enhance Fat Loss
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life – Dr. Daniel Amen
- Body Checks & Financial Fitness – With Dr. Michael Roizen
- Happy Gilmore bull riding dance clip
- Altered Traits – With Dr. Daniel Goleman
- Everyday Enlightenment – WIth Dan Millman
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!