“Most people who meet my wife quickly conclude that she is remarkable. They are right about this. She is smart, funny and thoroughly charming. Often, after hearing her speak at some function or working with her on a project, people will approach me and say something to the effect of, you know, I think the world of you, but your wife, wow!”
These words from President Barack Obama couldn’t describe my experience any more perfectly.
I’ve had the honor of helping to uplift and empower countless people, but when anyone gets a chance to meet my wife, they realize where all of the really good stuff is coming from.
This woman is phenomenal. She’s literally a breath of fresh air whenever you walk into a room that she’s in. She’s gorgeous, silly, loving and beyond intelligent. I seriously think I get smarter just by some weird osmosis from being around her.
Now, let’s be clear. She will tell you that she didn’t get this way overnight. Sure many of these qualities were innately within her, but it was through self-work, introspection, making mistakes, and self-care that she was able to become the woman she is today.
The self-work came from hitting the floor in so many situations in her life that she had to choose to raise her standards or stay glued firmly to the ground. The introspection was the hard work to look within and to see where her fears were at play, and the excuses that she had leaned on to justify not reaching her potential. Making mistakes came naturally as you employ the trial and success method to figure out what works for you as a unique individual with unique circumstances. The self-care is what enabled her to feel good, strong, beautiful, and capable of gracefully handling all of challenges that life throws your way.
And all of this is a small piece of her story, but today you’re going to learn far more and be able to glean some life-changing insights from her example.
There is a balancing force within the universe that resides within all women.
When a woman feels beautiful, appreciated, and strong within herself, unbounded miracles begin to happen around her.
Diane Mariechild said, “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” As men, we have to help create the conditions for the women in our lives to thrive. Because truly, nothing can give us more strength than the support of a woman who owns her real power.
There are a lot of valuable insights here for all women and all men, all mom and all dads, and all people who want to do something exceptional in their lives. On top of that, we’re sharing some tips our family uses to eat healthy with all of the busy stuff going on, so this episode is jam-packed with goodness!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the American fast food culture can be an addictive shock for foreigners.
- Why destiny can sometimes be found within the loving arms of a gym.
- How a cancer scare became a catalyst for change in our family’s lives.
- What your body’s “innate intelligence” has to do with healing.
- What triggered the shift in my career from working in a gym to helping people with chronic illnesses.
- Why doubt can sabotage the results in your healing.
- The weird reason that Anne makes the bed each morning (it works though!).
- What my wife’s morning routine looks like.
- How Anne is able to switch gears between family, wife, and work roles so efficiently.
- What strategies Anne uses to feed the family healthy food with a busy lifestyle.
- What “back up plans” we have to eat the best food possible in a pinch.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
* A Day In The Life Of Shawn – The Model Health Show
* Family Fitness Ideas – The Model Health Show
* Essentialism by Greg McKeown
* Superfood Mini-Recipe Book <—— Get the recipe book for free right here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!