TMHS 229: The Myth Of Fat-Burning Foods & Why Stress Makes Us Fat – With Dr. Jade Teta
You’ve seen the headlines… Ads telling you to just “Eat these 5 fat burning foods” and you’ll be able to achieve miraculous things. You’ll drop 10 pounds in two weeks, lose several inches off your waist, and even get your own reality show on VH1. Ok, I added the last one in, but you get the picture.
If eating certain fat-burning foods could cure our body fat problems, then why are we not seeing an epidemic of fit people flooding the streets? If there were fat-burning foods that really did as advertised, they would be in such high demand that people would stand in lines around the block just like they do when the new iPhones come out (but this time it’ll be called “The iPhat”).
The reality is, fat-burning foods are a bit of a misnomer. Food (the good, the bad, and the ugly) doesn’t make you burn or store less fat based on the food alone. There are many complex things going on behind the scenes that only a few people can give us the real skinny on. One of those people is Dr. Jade Teta. And he’s here today to share how certain foods might be mistaken for fat-burning foods, how stress can add to your waistline no matter how good your diet is, plus a whole lot more. Just click play, listen in, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Important tools to help injury proof your body.
- Why it’s easy to overly focus on exercise and not so much on nutrition.
- Why there’s a heavily believed myth of fat-burning foods.
- How certain foods can appear to have more metabolic benefits than others.
- What causes us to overeat specific foods.
- Which factors cause foods to impact people differently.
- The 4 types of foods that will ensure you’re satisfied and nourished.
- How the properties of water can teach you to create the best nutrition plan for yourself.
- Why our metabolism is a stress barometer.
- The #1 stressor that affects our metabolism (this is huge!).
- Where the command center of our metabolism actually is.
- How stress perception plays a major role in our health.
- Why going from couch potato to fitness enthusiast can backfire.
- Practical things you can implement to lower stress and heal your metabolism.
- The 4 major keys to effective fat-burning exercise (don’t miss this one!).
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Metabolic Multitasking – With Dr. Jade Teta – Episode 177
- How Your Sleep Life Impacts Your Sex Life – Episode 187
- The Power of When – With Dr. Michael Breus – Episode 175
- Sleep Smarter ⇐ Get the international bestseller right here!
- Lose Weight Here by Dr. Jade Teta and Dr. Keoni Teta
- Connect with Dr. Teta Website / Instagram / Twitter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!