Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 177: Metabolic Multitasking, Spot-Treating Fat & The Laws of Fat Loss with Dr. Jade Teta
How can a society with access to infinite information struggle so mightily with an issue like weight loss? I think that one major reason is that knowledge of the body and how it works is advertised to be complex and difficult to understand. We, as a society, are led to believe that our own bodies (that we call home!) are far too confusing that only a small percentage of people seem to understand the truth about them.
Well, I’m here to share with you that the truth surrounding how your body and metabolism works is simple, attainable, and your birthright to know about. Galileo said, “All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Today we have the incredible Dr. Jade Teta on to help you discover how your amazing metabolism works so that you can be empowered to create the body and life you want.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What hormones actually are.
- The amazing things that can happen when “passion bumps into purpose”.
- Why the way we think about metabolism is terribly wrong.
- What The Law of Metabolic Compensation is.
- Why muscle is expensive for your body to carry.
- How fat and muscle release “metabolic smoke”.
- What Metabolic Multitasking is (this is powerful!).
- What the heck HEC is and how it impacts your body.
- The 4 different ways to shift your ratio of diet and exercise to keep your metabolism responding.
- Why “structured flexibility” is so important to changing your body composition.
- How woman can cross-train their menstrual cycle for better fitness results.
- Whether or not you can spot-treat stubborn fat areas.
- Which supplements are clinically proven to be helpful for fat loss.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model – Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- FourSigmatic.com/model – Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Lose Weight Here – Get the book!
- Follow Dr. Jade Teta on Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.
Share Your Voice
Dear Shawn and Jade (and Jade 😉 ),
Thanks for the eye-opening episode, loved it!
I’m from Europe, and was kinda confused about what you said about the “European approach”, eating less and exercising less- in fact, most of the people here think primarily about calorie intake, not so much about exercise- could it be that because of that, Europeans slip into this elel mentality?
A question (or more like a plea) of mine to you is the following:
Would it be possible in any way to do an episode about eating too little? I get very depressed whenever you tell us to eat less or eat more, because for me, my take on food is amazingly damaged – 600 to 700 calories a day or nothing at all (and staying overweight). I know I’m not the only one facing a problem like this, I did some research, but what I just can’t seem to find is an approach on how to get out of that vicous circle. How do you even start eating more when you don’t feel any hunger or appetite (and are, if I can trust the things I’ve read, malnutritioned and starving your body).
I believe an episode like this would be incredibly helpful for a lot of people.
Up until now, thank you so much for doing what you’re doing, you’re both amazing and I love making you a part of my journey.
God bless you,