Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 601: The Truth About America’s Food System – With Dr. Mark Hyman
Nutrition is a powerful key to human health, but have you ever considered how your dietary choices may be impacting the environment and society at large? Much like the systems in our body, every single component of our world is in some way affected by the food we eat. Today you’re going to hear from Dr. Mark Hyman on the important topic of food as a form of medicine and activism.
Dr. Mark Hyman is one of the most impactful voices in the space of functional medicine and an influential advocate for eating real, whole foods to reverse and prevent diseases. He is also a 14-time New York Times bestselling author, host of The Doctor’s Farmacy Podcast, and the founder and director of The UltraWellness Center. On today’s show, you’re going to hear a compilation of my past interviews with Dr. Hyman.
This episode contains powerful insights on how changing our food system can improve everything from disease rates to social justice issues and the health of the planet. You’re going to learn about important topics like soil health and food waste, the truth about common nutrition misconceptions, and what we should actually be eating. Today’s show is packed with essential facts about food, plus realistic tips we can all implement to make a positive, far-reaching impact. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How our food system impacts climate change, poverty, violence, and more.
- The statistics on obesity in the US and worldwide.
- Why food waste is a contributor to greenhouse gases
- The connection between soil health and microbial health.
- How Big Food corrupts science and preys on children.
- What the achievement gap is.
- The definition of structural violence.
- What the biggest nutrition myth is.
- The truth about saturated fat.
- Why dogma has no place in science.
- How cholesterol levels are influenced by dietary fats.
- The number one hormone that causes you to gain fat.
- What nutritionism is.
- The most commonly consumed vegetables in America.
- How the human body processes fructose.
- The impacts of consuming factory-farmed animal foods.
- What you need to know about meat consumption and cancer risk.
- Five critical principles that apply to most popular diets.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model — Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- WildPastures.com/model — Get 20% off every box plus an additional $15 off!
- PaleoValley.com/model — Use code MODEL at checkout for 15% off!
- Ending Fat Controversy with Dr. Mark Hyman – Episode 193
- Battling Conflicting Diet Information with Dr. Mark Hyman – Episode 270
- The Soil and Health by Albert Howard
- Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss
- Food: What the Heck Should I Eat? by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Eat Fat, Get Thin by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Connect with Dr. Mark Hyman Website / Podcast / Facebook / Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.