Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 193: Ending Fat Controversy & How to Eat Fat, Get Thin with Dr. Mark Hyman
The word “fat” can drum up a whole lot of uncomfortable emotions. Whether it’s fat in our food or fat on our bodies, there’s a pervasive fear around fat that makes many of us turn our heads and run.
Is this a logical fear? Well, sure it is! Especially if you’re under the impression that fat in our food and fat on our bodies are the same thing. Rationality would tell you to just steer clear of fat, and a fit, healthy body will be your grand prize. There’s just one tiny, little problem…
Millions of people have avoided dietary fat with ninja-like covert precision, yet collectively we’ve seen our society’s rates of obesity and body-fat related illness skyrocket. Was the fat in our diets the problem all along? Or was there something else happening behind the scenes?
To answer your fat-related questions we have on one of the top Functional Medicine Physicians on the planet, Mark Hyman, MD.
Dr. Hyman has been a true pioneer in the field of health and wellness, and he has ten #1 New York Times bestselling books to prove it. He walks his talk, and today he’s here to share some of the most important information regarding your nutrition choices that you’ll ever hear. So, tune in, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Dr. Hyman’s surprising story that led him to practice medicine.
- Why most of today’s physicians are not trained in preventative healthcare.
- Where the controversial belief that dietary fat is bad for our health stems from.
- How today’s fear of fat is also a language issue.
- What’s at the root of health issues like diabetes, high cholesterol, and obesity.
- What some of the biggest benefits of dietary fats are.
- The impact that dietary fat has on insulin.
- Where to find nutritious fats with the most historical usage.
- Critical insights about the potential dangers of vegetable oils.
- Important tips for buying and storing olive oil.
- How dietary fats impact brain health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model _ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model _ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Change Your Brain And Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen – The Model Health Show
- Eat Fat, Get Thin by Mark Hyman
- The Eat Fat, Get Thin Cookbook _ Check out the new cookbook!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.