Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 207: Reset Your Genes & Become Younger with Dr. Sara Gottfried
Time is not toxic. Just because the days roll by on the calendar, does not mean that you have to be sentenced with years of sub-standard living and loss of function.
New York Times bestselling author, and superstar physician, Dr. Sara Gottfried is here to blow your mind with the latest research on aging. You’re going to learn firsthand how to ensure that your healthspan–the amount of time you live with good health and normal function–is as long as possible. This information will be valuable to you for a lifetime (and a much longer, healthier lifetime at that!). So, click play, take good notes, and become Younger!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The triggering event that led Dr. Gottfried to focus deeply on the aging process.
- Why the experience of aging starts in your muscles.
- How your muscles are actually a fat-burning endocrine organ.
- What normally happens to your blood sugar as you get older.
- Why it’s critical to extend your healthspan as long as possible.
- How our various organs age differently.
- Why it’s vital for us to have a continuous means of emotional release.
- How traumatic stress genes can get activated and passed on to future generations.
- What fascia is and how energy can get clogged up in your system.
- How sex can counter the effects of stress.
- Why exercise can be a valuable gene reset.
- The surprising percentage of your genetic expression that you’re in control of.
- Which glorified “fat gene” might be influencing your health (and what to do about it!).
- The specific gene that influences detoxification (and how it affects your partying).
- Which gene codes for how you carry and process cholesterol.
- What Dr. Sara recommends for your carbohydrate threshold.
- What specific markers you can use to measure your healthspan.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model – Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com – Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- 7 Little Known Superfoods You Need To Learn About
- Beat Inflamm-Aging And The Telomere Effect
- Sleep Smarter Book / Audiobook – Grab your physical copy or audiobook here!
- Shawn’s Superman Push-up
- Younger by Dr. Sara Gottfried
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.
Share Your Voice
I really ejoyed this episode and was wonering if you could point me in the direction of post lower abdominal surgery care in relation to the fascia.
Its seems like such a hard place to target and Im wondering what I can do to help my body heal. Ive actually started using EASE on the area I had surgery on and felt results the following day! I was truly blown away because I hadn’t felt releif for a month post the operation.
I was also wondering if Dr. Gottfried goes into detail about the carbohydrate threshold in her book or where I might be able to find out more on that topic. Very facinating information!
Thank you so much for what you do and your passion in educating people on how to maximize our human potential.
First of I Love , love, LOVE! your show. I would like to know how I can have my telomeres tested. Any recommendations?