It’s time for a gut check.
Even the smallest digestive problems can be a sign of some bigger issues bubbling up. Although you may not have any noticeable symptoms of digestive distress, and instead have skin issues, struggles with your energy, joint pain, or other health challenges, today you’ll discover how many of those things are connected to the action happening in your belly.
One of the glaring issues we might notice when digestion is a little (or a lot) off is a distended belly. Being bloated is not fun, and it definitely does not make us feel sexier. Today, you’ll learn a plethora of ways to knock bloating out for good. We have the author of the bestselling books The Bloat Cure, Gut Bliss, and The Microbiome Solution, Dr. Robynne Chutkan. She’s a wealth of knowledge on a subject that we all need to be more informed about. Just push play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why the topic of bloating needs a greater focus by the medical and health community.
- How I personally struggled with bloating.
- The surprising way that conventional treatment of acid reflux can damage digestive health.
- What your body’s microbiome represents.
- How antibiotic use can lead to significant digestive problems.
- The action steps you need to take if your doctor ever recommends antibiotics.
- Why alcohol consumption might be playing a role in your digestive health.
- How dairy products can lead to bloating.
- The interesting difference between the male and female digestive systems.
- How the menstrual cycle can affect digestion and bloating.
- Why being in an improper pooping position can cause digestive distress and bloating.
- The role that water plays in proper digestion.
- Why yeast organisms can be healthy, benign, or problematic.
- What’s happening with the rates of colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- How antibiotic use is it linked to autoimmune diseases.
- How the hygiene hypothesis has influenced healthy human bacteria populations.
- What molecular mimicry is and how it’s connected to autoimmune disease.
- How stress can lead to bloating and digestive problems.
- What essential role your gallbladder plays in digestive health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Squatty Potty ⇐ Get yours right here at an exclusive 15% off!
- The Microbiome Solution – With Dr. Robynne Chutkan – Episode 180
- Dr. Robynne Chutkan Website / Twitter / Facebook
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!