Hippocrates said that, “All disease begins in the gut.” Sure there are some other potential factors for the onset of illness, but for the man considered to be the father of modern medicine to say this, it’s definitely something that we need to stop and think about.
He knew then what we know now, which is the human gut is literally the foundation for our lives. This is the place that food cells get converted into you cells. This is the place that houses over 80 percent of your body’s immune system. This is the place that accommodates the microorganisms that control nearly everything about your health.
The human gut is the birthplace of your microbiome. And today you’re going to learn how to optimize your health by optimizing this remarkable world in your belly.
Dr. Robynne Chutkan is a renowned gastroenterologist, and one of the world’s leading experts on the microbiome. Her strategies and treatments have helped thousands of people worldwide recover from issues like IBS, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, candida overgrowth, gut dysbiosis and more. Her methods are all-encompassing, easy to implement, and they just make sense (as you’ll see!). This information can be absolutely life changing for so many people, so please make sure to share it with your family and friends! Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Dr. Chutkan’s life outdoors and ‘dirty childhood’ influenced her approach as a physician.
- Why being a gastroenterologist is incredibly sexy right now (well, as sexy as it could be).
- What your microbiome actually is.
- Why our societal fixation on killing bacteria is incredibly dangerous.
- How the template for our microbiome is set at birth.
- How the rising rates of C-section births are impacting our society’s health.
- What HMOs are and why they are critical for the healthy development of children.
- Why we need to be incredibly cautious with antibiotic use.
- What some of the overlooked causes of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are.
- What gene modulation is.
- How gut dysbiosis works and how it can contribute to many diseases.
- Why diversity is critical for our internal and external environments.
- What practical ways you can use to get exposure to more healthy microbes.
- What essential (but overlooked) thing probiotic supplements require to be effective.
- The surprising way that millions of people are consuming antibiotics on a regular basis.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- FourSigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- The Microbiome Solution by Dr. Robynne Chutkan
- Hydration And Water Masterclass – The Model Health Show
- Dr. Robynne Chutkan Website / Twitter / Facebook
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!