Stress can be ruthless. It’s a silent assassin that can break down your brain, screw up your internal organs, and pack fat onto your body. But…
That’s only one face of stress.
Stress can also be invigorating. It’s capable of making you more physically fit, biologically stronger, and literally keep your brain decades younger. So, how in the world can it be so good, yet so treacherous at the same time?
Today we’re going to dissect the value of stress to maximize the benefits, and minimize the potential downfalls. There really isn’t anything more valuable to create a great body, build emotional fitness, and shape a great life overall, than utilizing the gift of stress.
It may even sound like an oxymoron, “the gift of stress”, but what you learn from legendary health expert and bestselling author Ori Hofmekler today will help you understand exactly what I mean. If you’re going to live a long, fruitful life, you’ve got to make stress your ally. Click play and find out how right now!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The surprising percentage of health issues today that are tied to stress.
- Who came up with the concept that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- How we are miseducated about health and fitness very early in life.
- How the invisible nature of stress can fool us.
- What hormesis is and why it’s crucial to our development.
- Why exposure to toxins might not be all bad for us.
- Why the benefits of stress are on a bell-shaped curve.
- What the stress response system is.
- Why the idea of “getting more energy” is misleading.
- What the heat-shock protein response is.
- The top benefits of intermittent fasting.
- How being physically fit translates to being biologically fit.
- How intermittent fasting can influence fat loss.
- Which foods and beverages support the benefits of intermittent fasting.
- What stress-mimicking nutrients are.
- Which stress activated food (SAF) was found to be more effective than the diabetes drug metformin.
- The basics of mTOR and why it matters to human health.
- Which stress activated food makes your body toxic to cancer cells.
- Which flavor indicates the presence of SAF nutrients.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Thrive Market Exclusive – 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- Soul & Science Of Health (Stem Cell Data) – Episode 55
- 8 Incredible Benefits of Fasting – Episode 124
- Sleep Smarter
- The 7 Principles Of Stress
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!