Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 053: Getting a Mindset Makeover, Food Cravings & Food Separatism with Alex Jamieson
Everyday, people all over the world are adopting a healthier lifestyle. More people are going vegan, paleo, primal, or “real food” than ever before.
What's causing this cultural shift is:
1) people are sick and tired of being sick and tired and
2) beliefs about food bind us together, create communities, and communities inherently grow.
With the internet eliminating the borders of people sharing ideas, beliefs, and insights, these communities are expanding rapidly. Even though the health conversation has exploded worldwide, different views by different communities can bring people together AND tear people apart. We're going to talk in depth about this today.
We're also going to talk with our special guest, Alex Jamieson, about her experience being a part of the Oscar nominated film Supersize Me. She's going to share the intimate effects it had on her life, as well as our culture at large. We're going to cover food cravings, raw vs. cooked food, mistakes people make on diets, plus a whole lot more. Get ready, because this episode is powerful!
In this episode you'll discover:
- How Alex went from being sick and overweight to a renowned gourmet chef and health coach.
- What Alex's experience in the film Supersize Me taught her about food and illness.
- How Supersize Me changed the landscape of food around the world.
- The surprising story of how Alex transitioned out of a vegan lifestyle.
- Why our genes need to be considered when choosing the foods we eat.
- How labeling the way we eat can unknowingly separate ourselves from others.
- Why fear can drive people to keep secrets about the foods they eat.
- The critical piece that people mistake with Albert Einstein's vegetarian perspective.
- What common factor can unite us to have a healthier, happier society.
- Why a vegan diet can be incredibly healing (for the right people at the right time).
- Why eating more raw foods can be critical to your health and vitality.
- How cravings can be misconstrued and why we need to honor our cravings.
- The #1 mistake people make on a vegan diet.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.