Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 052: Exercise & Sports Injury Healing And Prevention
There is no such thing as a welcomed injury. When you’re rolling along enjoying your sport or exercise, an injury can make you out-of-sorts, in pain, and even depressed.
So, what do we need to heal quickly from an injury? And better yet, what do we need to do to prevent more injuries in the first place? That’s what we’re covering in today’s show.
You’re about to learn how my recent run-in with pain can become your path to bulletproofing yourself against injury. Today I’m going to share with you some of the best tips I’ve learned from the world’s top physical therapists, and tiny things you can do that will make all the difference in the world. Whether you were injured in the past, dealing with an injury now, or just looking to be healthy and active way into the future, you’re going to receive some valuable tools in this episode.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The painful injury I unknowingly caused myself to have over 10 times.
- Why practitioners usually look in the wrong place when you have an injury.
- Why your hip position is so important (in ALL lower body injuries).
- What happens to your hamstrings when you have anterior pelvic tilt or posterior pelvic tilt.
- A new perspective about how your upper and lower body work together.
- What sequential recruitment is and how it impacts performance.
- Why you want to have R.I.C.E. when you get an injury.
- The #1 mistake people make after getting an injury.
- What natural anti-inflammatory foods and supplements you should take.
- Why belly fat can increase the likelihood of injury and slow recovery time.
- Why you always want to work on the opposite side of an injury.
- The little known factor that makes your cellular energy (ATP) actually work.
- How meditation and visualization impact healing.
- 7 important tips for injury prevention.
- The #1 exercise for bulletproof hamstrings.
- How sitting too much increases your risk of injury.
- What foods are highest in potassium and why it’s important.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
HEALTHY MEALS EVERYONE WILL LOVE
The Greatest Gift You Can Give Your Family is Health
When you gather your family around the table to share nutritious food, you’re not only spending quality time with them - you’re setting them up for success in all areas of their lives.
The Eat Smarter Family Cookbook is filled with 100 delicious recipes, plus the latest science to support the mental, physical and social health of your loved ones.