Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 040: How Sitting Can Destroy Your Health (Even If You Exercise)
In this episode of The Model Health Show we’re breaking down the new research showing that sitting too much is as bad for you as smoking cigarettes. Hearing something like this may be hard to believe, but the data is in, and the numbers don’t lie.
We are a culture that loves our comfy chairs and couches. There’s more on t.v., infinite things to do on the internet, and just sitting around talking is a favorite pastime as well. There is nothing inherently wrong with any of that, but the uninterrupted hours we spend doing it all is destroying our health. The impact on our waistline, the impact on our health biomarkers, the impact it has on nearly aspect of our lives is going to shock you. And what do we do about it anyway once we know the truth? You’re about to learn about that as well and I promise it’s going to be a life-saver.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What new religion has been created by chronic sitting.
- The #1 reason that sitting too much is as bad for you as smoking.
- The shocking number of hours that people are sitting each day.
- Why even if you exercise, sitting too much will destroy your health.
- How sitting can have the same negative health consequences as being weightless in space (according to NASA).
- What happens to your blood when you sit too long.
- How we’re being trained to sit longer from a very early age.
- Why taking breaks is critical to preventing diabetes.
- The impact that sitting has on your waist size.
- How sitting causes back pain (it’s not what you may think).
- The 5 tips to stay mobile throughout the day.
- What free app you can get to help you stay hydrated and active.
- Why you must do this specific stress to counteract the effects of sitting.
- How to make your business meetings 100 times healthier.
- How to upgrade your desk to make your workspace better for you.
- The simple device that can help you stand and talk instead of sit and write.
- How to gamify your t.v. time to keep your family healthier.
- How to sit better to protect your spine and internal organs.
- Why you MUST be able to squat (or your health will suffer greatly).
- How your clothes can determine whether you’re active or not.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.
Share Your Voice
0 comments. Be the first to leave a comment.