“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” That’s how the timeless classic from Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities begins… and it couldn’t be any more accurate today.
Right now we have instant information at our fingertips. The answers to almost any question you can ask (including important questions like “Why do they keep remaking Spider-man?”) are just seconds away. We have an abundance of food for billions of people (I have some issues with this, but let me not digress). We have the ability to travel anywhere on the planet within hours. We have safer communities, more wealth, more access to education, and the ability to bypass conventional gatekeepers and become a shining success through the power of social media. Sounds like a pretty cool world, right? Well, don’t sign up for this field trip quite yet.
At the same time today, we have higher rates of disease and poor health than at any other time in documented human history. We have cyberbullying and endless criticism if you do decide to “put yourself out there” and engage with the world online. We have so many nuclear weapons that we can destroy our own planet a hundred times over, we have covfefe, we have destruction of our natural resources, and, most noticeably by all of us, we have lives that are filled to the brim with things to do. We have tasks to accomplish a mile long, and not enough minutes in the day to make much of a dent in it. So, my question to you is: How do we actually thrive in all of this?
Figuring this out would be like figuring out why anyone would ever travel anywhere with Tom Hanks (he’s been stranded on an island, hijacked at sea, and crashed, not one, but two airplanes.) Yet, there are incredible people walking around today who have uncovered a thing or two about what to do when you’re living in the busiest time of human existence… when you have access to so much opportunity, yet, you have so much distraction that it can seriously paralyze you.
One of those people who has uncovered some mind-blowing secrets to success today is Carrie Wilkerson. She’s one of the world’s top speakers, a bestselling author, a wife, a mother of four, and proof that not all superheroes wear capes. She has created several successful businesses and helped countless others to do the same. Oh, and did I mention that she found time to lose 140 pounds of excess weight along the way?!
Seriously, it sounds like her life is made up, but it’s actually as real as it can get. She faces the same daily challenges and decisions as all of us. She’s been through trials and tribulations that would make The Macho Man Randy Savage curl up in a corner and weep big, muscular tears. Learning from her is like a getting masterclass on how to overcome your excuses and blast-through any obstacles that stand in your way. I’m beyond excited to share her with you today. So, click play, listen in, and let the best of times begin!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Which food is actually clinically proven to increase antioxidants levels in your body.
- Why our mission in life can often start out as an accident.
- Why carrying excess weight is often a symptom of other things we’re dealing with.
- What ultimately enabled Carrie to lose 145 pounds (so amazing!).
- Why honesty and responsibility are huge factors in transforming our health.
- Three critical keys to improve the areas of your life that matter most.
- How tracking and course-correcting play an important role in achieving long-term results.
- The #1 thing we need to accomplish our goals with our increasingly busy lifestyles.
- Why being resourceful can be life-changing for you if you don’t have the resources.
- Some of the best ways to indulge in your favorite media (without putting you behind the ball on your goals).
- Why self-awareness is the most overlooked secret to success.
- Why gaining awareness starts with having less awareness of what others are doing.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Change Your Brain And Change Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen – Episode 165
- Barefoot Executive on Facebook
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!