Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 133: Accelerated Fat Loss And Going Beyond Training – With Ben Greenfield
Ben Greenfield walks his talk. He’s one of the top health and fitness experts in the world because he’s experimented with thousands of things firsthand and monitored the results that he got with his body. What works is shared ravenously; what doesn’t is discarded. Pretty simple formula, but you’ve got to have some serious kahunas to do it.
I’m truly excited to have Ben on because he has a wealth of knowledge in so many different areas of health. Today you’re going to learn some effective (yet little known) strategies for fat loss, surprising facts about building muscle, and even the real reason why Ben partakes in heart-pumping endurance events like triathlons and Spartan races (and it’s not about fitness).
If you have any questions or comments from the interview, please feel free to share them in the comments section below. Enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Ben Greenfield became one of the top health and fitness experts in the world.
- Why lots of personal experimentation is a huge leverage point in uncovering the best health practices (minus the explosive diarrhea).
- Ben’s #1 tip for becoming successful in a career in health and wellness.
- The real reason that Ben competes in endurance events like triathlons and Spartan Races (this may surprise you!).
- How Ben and I differ on our motivations to exercise.
- What form of training Ben recommends for the greatest muscle growth.
- The benefits of doing low repetition multi-joint exercises.
- The surprising way that you can build or maintain muscle (no equipment necessary!).
- What heat shock proteins are and how they relate to muscle maintenance.
- What different types of saunas you can use.
- Why a heavy carb intake is not necessary to build lots of muscle (this is really groundbreaking!).
- How a ridiculously high carbohydrate diet can still keep some of your biomarkers healthy.
- What a day of eating would look like to build muscle on a lower-carb diet.
- How you can actually eliminate more fat cells.
- How you can use cryotherapy to increase fat loss.
- What little known supplements (if used in the right way) can effectively aid in fat loss.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model _ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- What You Need To Know About Stem Cells – Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast
- The Benefits Of Cold Thermogenesis – The Model Health Show
- 8 Incredible Health Benefits Of Fasting – The Model Health Show
- Thrive Market – Get your exclusive FREE 2-month membership now!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.