Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 191: Everyday Medicines & The World’s Healthiest Coffee with Tero Isokauppila
You’ve heard the quotes from Hippocrates time and time again, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” There is true brilliance in that statement. But when you need the best medicine, what food do you go for?
Four thousands upon thousands of years mushrooms have stood head-and-shoulders above all over foods for their medicinal qualities. So much so that there’s even a category of mushrooms called medicinal mushrooms that really take the fungi cake.
Today you’re going to learn some of the surprising science on medicinal mushrooms. Our special guest Tero Isokauppila is going to blow you away with tips and insights hailing from the mushroom kingdom. You’re going to learn how to ensure you stay healthy when you travel, how to slow the aging process, how to make the world’s healthiest coffee and a whole lot more!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the 3 different categories of mushrooms are.
- How mushrooms “eat” nutrients like humans do.
- Why mushrooms are distinctly different from plants.
- What human DNA and mushroom DNA have in common (this will shock you!).
- The surprising number of top selling medications that utilize fungi.
- The differences between mushroom spores, mycelium, and fruiting bodies.
- How to best extract the nutrients from medicinal mushrooms.
- What a mushroom decoction is.
- The unique way that medicinal mushrooms interact with your immune system.
- Which powerful antioxidants you can get from chaga mushrooms.
- Which mushroom has the rare ability to encourage brain growth and development.
- How safe mushrooms are and the best ways to use them.
- Which medicinal mushroom was used as a coffee substitute.
- Why blending medicinal mushrooms with coffee has such beneficial effects.
- How tasting the supplement (versus taking it in pill form) might help assimilation.
- Why extensive travel requires a change in your nutrition.
- Which energizing mushroom has the ability to increase your oxygen utilization.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
HEALTHY MEALS EVERYONE WILL LOVE
The Greatest Gift You Can Give Your Family is Health
When you gather your family around the table to share nutritious food, you’re not only spending quality time with them - you’re setting them up for success in all areas of their lives.
The Eat Smarter Family Cookbook is filled with 100 delicious recipes, plus the latest science to support the mental, physical and social health of your loved ones.