What if every child with ADHD is actually gifted? As a society, we’ve been struggling to support our kids who have ADHD. And, as it turns out, many of these children are not just hyper-active, but also hyper-intelligent.
The great tragedy today is that many of these kid’s amazing gifts are, unfortunately, overlooked or suppressed. ADHD is typically a blanket diagnosis that covers hundreds of different variations in symptoms and experiences. Yet, millions of children are lumped together and given a cookie-cutter treatment, and the results of have been less than impressive.
Some rarely discussed side effects of conventional treatment and/or neglect of ADHD are greater levels of depression and anxiety, higher incidences of drug abuse, and higher rates of suicide. Simply giving a child a drug to help them be more focused in grade school may seem appropriate in the short-term, but neglecting the underlying cause of the ADHD could have devastating consequences in the long-term.
ADHD simply does not “wear off” when a child reaches adulthood. More than half of the kids diagnosed with ADHD transition into what’s known as adult ADHD. The symptoms of adult ADHD are far reaching and more common than you can imagine. This could manifest as struggles in health, work, finances, and relationships. That’s why I could think of no one better than Dr. John Gray to help us understand this better and truly help us to find some solutions.
Dr. Gray is the author of one of the best selling books of all time, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, and several other life-changing books in that guild. John has become wildly successful, and his books have become household names. John has also battled ADHD most of his life, and his story of discovery and reversing his condition will truly blow your mind.
John’s success inspired him to research, teach and write about valuable treatments for ADHD and adult ADHD, without the potentially harmful side effects seen with conventional medicine. This episode can literally save lives. It can also help some of our most gifted souls to live healthy, happy, meaningful lives. I’m excited and honored to share this with you today. So, just click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How an experience with Parkinson’s disease led Dr. Gray to discover he had ADHD most of his life.
- What symptoms Dr. Gray experienced from childhood to adulthood with ADHD.
- How women and men can express ADHD differently.
- Why common activities today can desensitize you to normal stimulation.
- How there can be different forms of ADHD.
- How dopamine is related to focus and reward.
- What the 4 temperaments of ADHD are.
- How our current school system can drive kids to feel less-smart, less-capable, and less-valued.
- Why the typical school setting is not natural for children.
- How to support the 4 temperaments of ADHD to help kids thrive.
- Why parents can have a hard time relating to one child, but not to another.
- What oxidative stress is and how it’s connected to ADHD.
- Which popular over-the-counter medication suppresses your body’s antioxidant systems.
- Why a fever can actually be helpful, and how to use hot water therapy for fast results.
- Which key nutrients perform better than Adderall for ADHD in clinical studies.
- How exercise plays a crucial role in eliminating ADHD symptoms.
- Why gut health is the precursor to brain health.
- Which foods tend to be the biggest culprits in aggravating ADHD.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Creating Powerful Relationships with Dr. John Gray – Episode 199
- Change Your Brain And Change Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen – Episode 165
- 7 Benefits of MSM
- Taking On Major Food Companies with Vani Hari – Episode 167
- Beyond Mars And Venus by Dr. John Gray
- Staying Focused In A Hyper World by Dr. John Gray
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!