In this episode of The Model Health Show we tackle the current epidemic of type 2 diabetes. In the United States 1 out of every 3 people has diabetes, pre-diabetes, or significant levels of insulin resistance.
On today’s show we’re going to take a look at what causes diabetes, how to prevent diabetes in the first place, and natural diabetes treatments to reverse the condition if you already have it.
This is an extremely important show because the levels of diabetes are still on the rise, and younger generations are getting hit the hardest. Childhood diabetes and childhood obesity rates have skyrocketed over the past few years. It’s time for all of us to step up and get educated to protect our families from a condition that’s proven to be nearly 100% preventable.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What insulin really is and what role it plays in diabetes.
- What causes type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance.
- What simple practices will help you AVOID diabetes.
- How exercise can be used as medicine to prevent and reverse diabetes.
- What exercise can literally cut your risk of diabetes in half.
- How long your exercise session needs to be to get the results you want.
- Why strength training can bulletproof your body against diabetes.
- What intensity level of exercise will yield the biggest benefits.
- The study that PROVES dehydration is a huge component of insulin resistance.
- How much water you need to consume to cut your diabetes risk.
- The dangerous substance in municipal tap water that contributes to diabetes.
- Where to find the ideal source of water to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Why the nutrition advice taught in universities actually contributes to diabetes.
- The “health food” spikes your blood sugar more than pure table sugar.
- How high glycemic diets cause dangerous cholesterol levels.
- What drink found in school lunches could be causing type 1 diabetes.
- The impact that sleep has on your insulin sensitivity.
- What affect sleep deprivation has on your brain function and cravings.
- The 4 critical steps to reversing type 2 diabetes.
- What U.G.L.I. foods are and why you need to avoid them.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Tapped – Documentary
* One-on-one Coaching with Shawn Stevenson
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!