Have you ever thought about how much humans are like computers? We have hardware. We have software. We can catch viruses. We process data in the form of everything from food to ideas. And, like a computer, our real power shows when we link up with other computers around the planet to affect change.
Now that we know how similar humans are to computers, let me ask you a question. Have you ever thought about who programmed you?
Yep, just like a computer, you get programmed to execute specific functions in a specific way. Your programming, most of which was done at an early age, creates the parameters by which you will live your life. Your programming creates the beliefs you carry about what you’re capable of, how you will interact with other people’s programming, and, most importantly, how you perceive reality.
Your perception is your reality. We unconsciously create a world to affirm all of the ideas we’re programmed with. We are built that way. And, if you ever try to move up against the barriers of that programming, you’re bound to short-circuit or reset to your default programming (Ctrl-Alt-Del). So, why in the world would we want to change our programming anyway?
Well, your programming can be the reason that you have such a tough time staying away from cupcakes (that was me!). Your programming can be the culprit behind some of the terrible decisions you make in your relationships. Your programming can also be controlling how much money you have in your bank account (and how quickly you find creative ways to grow your money or if money runs from you like MC Hammer after doing The Addams Family soundtrack).
Your programming determines the thoughts you think, the actions you take, and the way you live your life each moment. Wouldn’t it be a good idea to choose your own programming so that you’re thinking, believing, and doing more of the things that are serving you? When it all boils down to it, change can be next to impossible if we don’t hop in an reattach a few wires in our minds that have been unconsciously directing our lives. Today’s show is all about identifying some of these faulty programs, and putting in some new ones to start seeing some better results. Let’s go!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How a lot of our beliefs get programmed into us as children.
- Why self-sabotage is a real thing.
- Simple strategies to help you retrain your tastebuds.
- Why starting a new exercise program is actually a significant stressor.
- Why blaming others intrinsically takes our power away.
- How your health gives you a competitive advantage.
- Why money is connected to a primal fear humans have.
- How to change your money thermostat.
- Why acknowledging positive and negative examples in our lives is so helpful.
- How the environment you’re in determines your actions around money.
- A simple exercise to help you increase your financial fitness.
- What character traits are incredibly attractive.
- How standards play a huge role in relationship success.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- How To Create Prosperity – With Dr. Pedram Shojai
- The Science Of Cravings
- Founder Movie
- New Money Masters
- Altered Traits With Dr. Daniel Goleman
- 5 Keys To An Amazing Relationship – With Anne Stevenson
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!