Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 46: How to Improve Your Self-Esteem, Build Confidence & Strengthen Your Body Image
In this episode of The Model Health Show we're covering the important topic of body image and self-esteem. Recently there's been alarming data revealed about body image and the media. We are trained, at an early age, to under-appreciate ourselves, and strive for a programmed belief of what perfection is.
Most people today struggle with body image issues. Yet, it's something that's hardly ever discussed because it's so deeply ingrained in our culture to have them.
Today we're going to shine a light on a major problem that's at the core of eating disorders, depression, and numerous other issues affecting our health and happiness. By the end of the show, you'll know exactly how to create a positive body image, and use it as a catalyst for a healthier, happier life.
In this episode you'll discover:
- How a video revealed that people view themselves as less attractive than they really are.
- How magazines and popular media are tricking people into false expectations.
- What important realization we need to have about uniqueness.
- What “borrowed desires” are and what they do to us.
- How we reaffirm our opinion of ourselves with our lifestyle choices (this is life-changing!)
- The critical “check-in” you need to do with yourself when working towards a goal.
- How our identity can make or break us.
- Why your need to be aware of your BP (blueprint) vs. your LC (life conditions)
- Whether or not men tend to struggle with body image issues.
- The 6 tips to change your body image and strengthen the opinion of yourself.
- Why envy and jealously depress your progress.
- A powerful exercise to create a deeper appreciation of your body.
- How receiving compliments has been distorted in our modern society.
- Where our beliefs about beauty actually come from and how to change them.
- What the ultimate gauge for measuring your progress is.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.