With the rapidly growing rates of Hashimoto’s disease, either you or someone you know will be stricken by this disease if we don’t do something about it.
Hashimoto’s is hot right now. Not in a Zoolander hitting the runway kind of hot, but a full-fledged epidemic featuring the fastest spreading autoimmune disease in the nation.
Dr. Izabella Wentz had Hashimoto’s for years and didn’t know it. It just about wrecked her entire life (as you’ll learn about today), but it was also an amazing gift in disguise.
After years of struggle, she was able to successfully put the disease into full remission. Now she’s on a mission to share the life-changing strategies she discovered with the millions of people battling Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. The rub is that many of the people with Hashimoto’s don’t know that they have it. It could be expressed in chronic fatigue, stubborn body fat, constipation, hair loss, memory lapses, or many other symptoms. It’s important to know the signs, but it’s also important to know the right testing. We’ll definitely be covering both of those today.
So, why is Hashimoto’s so prevalent in our world right now? What makes our thyroid so special? Why is conventional medicine failing in treating this disease? You’ll discover that and so much more in this very important and timely interview today. Just click play, take good note, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How growing up in a doctor’s office shaped Dr. Wentz’s passion for medicine.
- The surprising (but not uncommon) way that Dr. Wentz was treated by her own doctors.
- What the term “incurable” really means.
- How conventional medicine treats Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (and what is missing).
- How prevalent Hashimoto’s actually is today (this will shock you!).
- What some common (and overlooked) symptoms of Hashimoto’s can be.
- How the immune system functions like a private investigator.
- The 3 factors that must be present for Hashimoto’s to occur.
- How gut cells and thyroid cells are connected.
- Why some people can eat gluten and live without any negative symptoms.
- Which environmental triggers can disrupt thyroid function.
- How fluoride suppresses thyroid function (you need to know about this!).
- Why your liver plays a huge role in thyroid health.
- What adaptive physiology is and how diseases work (in a weird way) to help us.
- How stress contributes to thyroid disease.
- Which essential nutrients are needed for healthy thyroid function.
- What the correct thyroid tests are to identify Hashimoto’s.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Hydration & Water Masterclass – Episode 73
- Hashimoto’s Protocol ⇐ Pick up the #1 NY Times Bestseller right here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!