Digestion might be one of the most miraculous processes in the universe.
If you think about it rationally, it’s a really, really strange and powerful phenomenon. Digestion is basically the process of taking something that’s outside of your body, and somehow, someway, it becomes a part of you…
From there, the food lives on through you in a different form. You are a walking, talking patchwork quilt of all the things you’ve eaten over the years. Pretty weird, right? But it’s also pretty amazing!
Now, when I say the things you’ve eaten over the years, that doesn’t mean that your body is still carrying cells from all of those gluten-free pumpkin muffins you ate over the holidays 2-years ago (oh, that’s just me, huh?). Your body’s cells are being renewed from the nutrients you give it all the time, that’s why there’s always an opportunity to right the ship, and make your body out of awesome stuff. But, the story doesn’t just stop there…
There’s a lot more to digestion than the food you eat. Even if you’re deciding to eat healthier food, your investment might be short-changed if you’re not honoring some of the life-changing things you’ll be learning about today.
Dr. Jillian Teta, the author of the hit book Natural Solutions for Digestive Health, is back on the show to help us process the little known things that make our digestion tick (beyond the food we eat!). So, if you’re eating a healthy diet but still not seeing the results you want, or if you’re not interested in changing your diet much at all, but still want to feel good and have strong digestive firepower, then this show will deliver the goods. Just click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why the inside of your gut is sort of like a rain forest.
- What the enteric nervous system is (this is important!).
- Which important compounds the bacteria and cells in your gut are making for you.
- Three reasons people need digestive support beyond basic dietary changes.
- Why eating in your car might be hampering your digestion.
- Why the pace in which you eat can either enhance or depress your digestive function.
- The impact that chewing has on your overall digestion.
- What it means to be an angry eater.
- The simple science on why social media is so addictive.
- Why movement = better digestive movement.
- The importance of establishing a bathroom routine (especially if you need home court advantage!).
- When and how to take antibiotics (this is crucial!).
- What to look for when buying probiotics.
- Whether or not prebiotics are important for supporting gut health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Squatty Potty ⇐ Get yours right here at an exclusive 15% off!
- Digestion 101 – With Dr. Jillian Teta – Episode 132
- The Thyroid & Gut Health Connection – With Dr. Jillian Teta – Episode 146
- Connect with Jillian Website / Facebook / Instagram
- GI Testing – With Dr. Anthony Beck – Episode 171
- Natural Solutions for Digestive Health by Dr. Jillian Teta
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!