This is a whole new definition of food fighting.
Whether we realize it or not, plants don’t necessarily want to end up on your plate. And, as you’ll discover today, they’ve developed highly sophisticated means of making sure their species lives on. Now, for many of the foods we eat today, humans have been breeding some of these plants defenses out of them. While several other plants have chemical weapons that are stronger than ever.
On today’s show we have New York Times bestselling author Dr. Steven Gundry. He went from being one of the most successful and sought after heart surgeons in the world, to completely shifting his focus to treating his patients with food. Why? Because it worked!
Buckle your seatbelt, and prepare to have your paradigm changed. This one is definitely a game-changer in more ways than one. Most importantly, this can be the moment you find real solutions for some nagging health issues. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why nutrition programs at universities teach health principles that simply don’t work.
- The incredible story of how Dr. Gundry went from a world famous heart surgeon to treating his patients with nutrition instead.
- Where to find the source of most autoimmune diseases.
- Why some plants are innately driven to protect themselves from being eaten.
- What lectins actually are.
- How lectins can harm your nervous system.
- The surprising way that living plants respond to being eaten.
- How plants ensure that their “babies” live on.
- The remarkable way that plants communicate to animals that see in color.
- How food marketers manipulate our primal senses to get you to buy fake food.
- Which compounds found in wheat (in addition to lectins) are proven to cause health problems for humans.
- Whether or not brown rice and other “whole grain” foods are healthier than their white alternative versions (this is fascinating!).
- Why standard quinoa dishes are not as healthy as they’re cracked up to be.
- How a pressure cooker can be a superhero against villainous lectins.
- How lectins are influenced by the fermentation process.
- Why going gluten-free can make you more sensitive to gluten.
- What our 4 natural lines of defense against lectins are.
- The surprising reason why peppers are spicy to humans.
- What actually enables all species of animals to digest plants.
- Which common over-the-counter drugs can poke holes in your digestive lining.
- Simple (but critical) strategies to knock out lectins from your favorite foods.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- The Science Of Motivation – Episode 242
- The Plant Paradox <== Pick up the new book right here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!