Every second of everyday, our minds and bodies are transforming. Transformation is a part of life. But all transformations are not created equal.
Personally, I’ve transformed from a thriving athlete, into a couch potato with extra cheese and bacon bits. I’ve transformed from being incredibly self-centered, to dedicating my life each day to serving others. I’ve transformed many times in my life (as you have too!). Some for the good, and some for the not-so-good. But, the point is that transformation is a given. It’s always happening whether you realize it or not. And the key is to get out in front of that transformation to guide your mind, body, and spirit where you want it to be.
How we transform, and what we transform into, is up to us more than we may realize. Part of the challenge with transforming our lives for the better is due to the struggles that we carry from our past. The things we’ve been through may carry a tone of, “You’ll never be able to accomplish it.” “Who do you think you are?” “No one you know has ever done this before.” “You’re not _______ (good enough, talented enough, intelligent enough, etc. [just fill in the blank with the negative things we hear and tell ourselves]).”
Truly, transformation is an inside job that has to look those things right in the face and move past them. Marianne Williamson says, “It is our own thoughts that hold the key to miraculous transformation.” We have the power inside us, but we need the tools to bring it out.
There’s an art and science to transformation, and I know of no one better on the planet to help ignite the transformation in others than our guest today. He’s impacted the lives of literally millions of people around the world, helping them to get fit, helping them to move past their excuses, and helping them to transform their lives. Shaun T. is in the house today, and if you’re ready to move past the next 10 levels in your life, then click play, open your heart, and hear what he has to say.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the Freshman 15 can become the Freshman 50.
- How a six-pound weight loss can totally transform your health.
- Why so many of us don’t want to be “seen” in a gym.
- Which character traits Shaun had to develop to become a world-class fitness teacher.
- How giving of yourself and serving others can help you heal personally.
- The tragic childhood experience that shaped Shaun’s life early on.
- How Shaun was able to turn his tragedy to triumph and help others in the process.
- How we all develop secret superpowers from the struggles we go through.
- Why it’s critical to love your “old self” while you’re creating your “new self”.
- Why it’s crucial to move outside of your comfort zone and HOW to actually do it.
- How changing up your exercise program helps to keep you fitter (and younger).
- Why having more adventurous friends can boost your growth and success.
- Why changing your inputs will change your outputs.
- The profound reason you should do something uncomfortable each day.
- Why people use busyness as a distraction.
- Why time will no longer be the reason you can’t have the body and health you want.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- The Science Of Motivation – Episode 242
- T is for Transformation ⇐ Get the new book here now!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!