Scientist believe that approximately 50 percent of our happiness is genetically predetermined, while 10 percent is due to life circumstances, and 40 percent is the result of our own personal outlook. Whether or not you believe in genetic determinism, none of us can argue that our personal outlook (and in many ways our life circumstances) are within the power of our own hands to change.
Why, then, is happiness at a deficit today? With so much connection and so much opportunity, why has happiness become the exception and not the rule? There’s a relatively new field of science focusing on positive psychology and the underpinnings of what creates happiness from us. But nothing compares to the education that we get from someone who’s cracked the code on happiness personally. It’s the stories of success that really speak to hearts, and it’s the real world tools that help us to put what we learn into action.
Today you’re going to hear one of the most outstanding stories of how we can achieve happiness and success no matter what our circumstances have looked like. This person is an absolute superstar in so many different domains of personal development. She’s so good at it because she has been through it. I mean, really through it. And by braving her path, she’s figured out a thing or 20 that’s going to make an impact on your life for many years to come. Grateful, honored, and excited to share with you the incredible Lisa Nichols. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why being broke is easier than being broken.
- Why we need to welcome the things that makes us decide.
- What it means to have “gifts wrapped in sandpaper.”
- How to stop postponing your happiness.
- Three “buckets” we can put our experiences in to bring us more fulfillment and success.
- How having nothing to hide can free you from a lot of stress (and why the truth is sexy!).
- How to increase our sense of value within ourselves (this is important!).
- The life-threatening challenges that led Lisa to make one of the toughest decisions of her life.
- Why shame can be one of the toughest burdens to carry.
- How Lisa brings her healthy lifestyle with her (and how she changed the culture for the people around her).
- Why it’s important to serve from your or overflow.
- How good health spills over into other areas of your life in a positive way.
- Why it’s a MUST to “live like you know it“.
- What simple exercise we can do to help flush out the false things we believe about ourselves.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- The Power of “No” – With James Altucher – Episode 217
- Exercise Your “No” Muscle & Get Free To Focus – With Michael Hyatt – Episode 206
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!