Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 168: The Science Of Willpower, Beating Megaphobia, And The One Thing with Jay Papasan
What we are able to have, give, do and become in our lives is largely determined by how we choose to spend our time. Seneca said, “It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it. Life is long enough, and a sufficiently generous amount has been given to us for the highest achievements if it were all well invested.”
A big secret to success in life is learning how to focus on what really matters. And at no other point in human history has focus been such a hugely scarce commodity. If you can reacquire your focus, and place it intently on the thing that matters most, then there’s absolutely no limit to what you can achieve. That’s why I had to talk with Jay Papasan.
Jay is the co-author of the bestselling, mega-hit book The One Thing. Today he’s here to share with you some priceless wisdom to help you live the life you want, break through your mental barriers, and become the best version of yourself. The tips and insights are running wild in this episode, so make sure you’re ready to catch them!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why food and memories are intimately linked up in our minds.
- Why it’s never your “title” that defines you.
- What The One Thing really is (this is life-changing!).
- How attempting to do everything right can be a bigtime spiritual stressor.
- How to create the “Domino Effect” in the most important areas of life.
- How to find The One Thing for transforming your body.
- How you can find out what YOUR one thing is.
- The surprising impact of multitasking (this is mind-blowing!).
- What your willpower actually is and how it’s always negative and positive.
- Why willpower is a nutrition issue.
- What megaphobia is and how it’s probably impacting your life.
- What a focusing question is and why it’s a MUST to have one.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model _ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model _ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Interview with Vani Hari – The Model Health Show
- Boost Your Productivity – The Model Health Show
- Mindset by Carol Dweck, Ph.D.
- 7 Brief Lessons On Physics by Carlo Rovelli
- Connect with Jay Website | Twitter | Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Maximize Your Energy
Get the Free Checklist: “5 Keys That Could Radically Improve Your Energy Levels and Quality of Life”
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.