Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 7: Friend’s & Family’s Influence on Your Health, Cheat Meals, Haters & Supplement Junkies
In this episode we dive into some of the commonly asked questions that have been coming in. We kick things off by discussing the impact that your friends and family have on your health.
New science is showing conclusively that the people you hang around may be the #1 determinant of the results you get in your life. Today you’re going to learn how your brain gets manipulated (for better or worse) and what you can do to take control of its function.
We’re also going to give the skinny on cheat meals. Lots of programs incorporate cheat meals and it really does work for some people. But is it a good idea long-term? You’ll find out soon enough!
Plus, you’ve also probably heard the word “hater” being tossed around to describe people who are jealous, malicious, ignorant, or just plain hateful. There’s a good reason why haters hate, and they do serve an important purpose in the results you get. You’ll find out what that is, as well as important insights about taking supplements, all inside today’s show.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why the people you are around literally influence the way your brain works.
- What mirror neurons are and why they are important in what actions you take.
- The “accidental” scientific discovery that finally revealed how we learn.
- ***The 4 critical tips to train your brain to help you do the things you want to do AUTOMATICALLY.
- Why the internet is making it simple to change your brain.
- Why “hating” has some scientific basis that it can be harming you.
- What lesson from Elizabeth Gilbert and her book Eat, Pray, Love that can help you understand your relationships.
- ***The 3 reasons people come into (or out of) our lives.
- *Why you might want to avoid cheat meals and start being more faithful to your diet.
- Reasons why you might feel the need to cheat (on your diet 😉 )
- How to enjoy your diet even MORE by changing “cheat” into another 5-letter word.
- Why having “haters” might be important to your progress.
- Why your brain chooses to look for negativity instead of positivity by default.
- How to find out if you have an over reliance on supplements.
- Why ALL supplements can potentially be problematic.
- How you can do to get in the recommended servings of fruits & vegetables without taking supplements.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Mirror Neurons Video – How we learn and feel from what we see
- TED Talk – The neurons that shaped civilization
- Pure-Nourishment.com – Angelina DeWeese
- Elizabeth Gilbert – Eat, Pray, Love
- Breville Juice Fountain Plus – Juice Extractor
- The Key to Quantum Health – Featuring 21 Smoothie Recipes
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.