In this episode of The Model Health Show we’re happy to welcome Jonathan Bailor on to talk about his upcoming book, “The Calorie Myth”.
Jonathan is, by far, one of the leading authorities on health and nutrition in our world today. You’re in for a lot of “ah-ha!” moments, and some insights that will likely change your life.
Jonathan has devoted years of in-depth research, digging through thousands of peer reviewed medical papers, and uncovering the truth about why diets fail. He’s also come to the forefront with simple programs to teach you how to lose fat, smarter, and keep it off long-term.
Today he’s going to share how common misconceptions about diet and exercise are leading to an epidemic of poor health and obesity. This is an EPIC show, to say the least, so get your pen and paper ready because you’re about to blown away!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why the vast majority of diet and exercise programs fail.
- Why the concept of the “calorie” may have been the downfall of our last 2 generations.
- How your body automatically self-regulates your metabolism.
- What impact eating “non-food” has on your body and brain.
- The difference between short-term weight loss and long-term fat loss.
- Why eating less will slow down your metabolism (this one is critical to know!)
- What important tissues in your body are lost when you cut calories.
- Why there’s a 95.4% failure rate for long-term weight loss with conventional diets.
- Why popular weight loss shows are misleading the public.
- How to differentiate “SANE” foods from “inSANE” foods.
- Why starch is 2 times more likely to be stored as body fat than protein is.
- What foods need to be the BULK of your nutritional intake to keep fat off long-term.
- Why you want to keep micronutrient-rich foods at the top of your shopping list.
- How certain body types “fit” certain exercise programs and make them look good.
- Why exercise quality is far more important than any quantity you do.
- What huge mistake most people are making when they lift weights.
- How to find the most effective fitness and exercise programs for long-term health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!