Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 143: How The Quality Of Your Sleep Impacts The Health Of Your Relationships
When you’re sleep deprived, you’re not yourself. No… I mean really not yourself.
There’s a big impact on your brain, hormones, and we’ll just say “emotional stability” that a lack of sleep can play. So much so that top researchers have dove in to discover just how socially messed up poor sleep can make us.
Today you’re about to discover how your sleep impacts the health of your relationships in ways that you could never have imagined. Even though some of the research is a little unsettling (and a whole lot surprising), it really shouldn’t come as that big of a shock to us. We all know that other people (but not you, of course) who can get grumpy, irritable, and even out-right mean when they are tired. Other people (but not you, of course) can end up being unreasonable, argue for no reason, and even act more negative and pessimistic when they’re sleep deprived.
We’ve all seen it, but we may not have caught it because we weren’t paying attention to the details surrounding the situation (namely that the person is tired). And even though it isn’t you who would normally become the big bad wolf when you’re tired, this is a wake up call to see just how you may have done some things and said some things in the heat of a sleepy stupor that really were not in your normal character. Why does this matter so much? Well, our relationships are everything. From our relationships at work, to our relationships with family, to our most intimate romantic relationships, our health and our sleep quality play a big part of them every day.
Today you’re going to find out what’s going on behind the scene, plus some insights to make sure you’re showing up as your best self in the relationships that matter most.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What part of the brain is responsible for the aggregation of negative emotions.
- How your brain works to stop you from saying or doing all of the crazy things you might think up.
- How sleep deprivation handicaps your ability to see from another person’s point of view.
- Why lack of sleep is clinically proven to make you overly emotional.
- What causes your brain to react to negative images (even when they are not a real threat).
- How sleep deprivation changes the way you react to perceived criticism.
- The surprising impact that sleep deprivation has on positive emotions.
- How your quality of sleep impacts your intimate relationship.
- Why arguments become much more likely when you’re tired (this is funny, but true!).
- What sleep “quality” really means.
- Why lack of sleep can be a major problem for important jobs in the workforce.
- Why your partner’s sleep quality can disrupt your health and happiness as well.
- What simple solutions you can use to reduce snoring problems.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- SleepSmarterBook.com _ Check out these bonuses!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.