For generations, many of us have aspired to be like the heroes and heroines we see on the big screen. The charisma, the confidence, and, of course, the incredible physiques have motivated people to hit the gym for decades.
Morris Chestnut is definitely on that list of favorite fit actors for millions of people. In his own words, getting in shape and staying in shape wasn’t that hard for him. But then something changed…
As Morris was busy doing his thing making movies and television shows, he noticed that the extra weight wasn’t hopping off of his frame like it used to. In fact, the weight snuck up on him so fast that he barely knew what hit him. And, as life would so poetically write it, this is when he gets a call for a big movie role where he needs to be in jaw-dropping shape. He needed an assist, big time! And this is where celebrity fitness trainer Obi Obadike steps on the scene.
In this episode you’re going to learn Morris and Obi’s story, and how they were able to transform Morris’ physique (and get just as many people talking about his body as the movie itself). Most importantly, you’re going to learn the valuable fitness lessons that anyone can use to break through and accomplish their fitness goals. They are excited to show you that this process of getting in incredible shape is simple, attainable, and even fun! Listen in as we breakdown the common fitness myths and provide you the tools you need to create the body and health that you deserve. Check out the video, but make sure to listen to the audio podcast for some of the extras to ensure you take things to a whole new level. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Which nutrient can protect your brain from the effects of sleep deprivation.
- What the most important factor is in any diet that you choose.
- How carbohydrate intake can affect water retention in the body.
- What carbohydrate spillover is and how it impacts body fat.
- How extra weight can creep up on you.
- Why actors tend to get fat on set.
- The most significant thing that a trainer has to establish with their client.
- How weekend weight gain changed Morris’ perception about fitness.
- Whether or not eating more smaller meals throughout the day accelerates fat loss.
- What impact (if any) does eating carbs in the evening have on weight gain.
- Why it’s actually encouraged for you to indulge in your favorite foods on The Cut program.
- How dropping calories too low can sabotage your weight loss.
- Why eating some smart carbs for dinner can actually help you sleep better.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- The Power Of No – With guest James Altucher
- The Best Pre-Workout, Intra-Workout, And Post-Workout Nutrition
- Carb-Cycling and The Sweet Potato Diet – With guest Michael Morelli
- Connect with Morris Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
- Connect with Obi Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
- The Cut ⇐ Pick up the hot new book right here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!