What if the mere act of setting a goal could help you achieve anything you want? Life would seem stranger than fiction, for sure. But, what if I told you that the act of setting a goal in a certain way would bring you face-to-face with the things you most dream about and desire?
Well, this is not fiction; this is fact. And, today, we’ve got the science to prove it. The problem is that most people don’t set their goals using the parameters that actually work. We can have, be, and do so much more than we give ourselves credit for. At the same time, a goal without a plan is just a wish. Lots of folks wish for things and call them goals. But goals entail following a formula, goals entail having a specific mindset, and goals entail far more than the acquisition of things. Goals are also about who you become in the process.
Today we get to learn from one of the foremost experts in the world on setting and accomplishing goals. Not only has he curated the science behind it, but he has used the formula to create a life that many of us would aspire towards. He’s a New York Times bestselling author, he has one of the most visited blogs on the internet, and he’s experiencing the health, wealth, and contribution that most people in his age bracket would think is next to impossible. For him, it’s just a matter of executing on the formula. The incredible Michael Hyatt is here today to share his best tips and insights for turning your goals into reality.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why most goal-setting books and programs don’t work well for most people.
- Why setting safe, small goals can be a recipe for disaster.
- The surprising way that our beliefs impact achievement of our goals
- What goal toxin is.
- How age influences achievement of New Year’s resolutions.
- The 4 kinds of limiting beliefs you need to be mindful of.
- How to utilize the gap and the gain to help you reach your biggest goals.
- How universalizing can cripple your ability to accomplish your goals.
- Where our limiting beliefs come from.
- Why you need to “change your frame” to see life more clearly.
- How to actually pull-out and reprogram your limiting beliefs.
- Why hardships are very often huge opportunities in disguise.
- Why research shows that regret is actually valuable.
- How gratitude plays into the achievement of goals.
- The surprising science behind the benefits of actually writing your goals down.
- Why it’s essential to set goals outside of your comfort zone.
- What the delusional zone is.
- Why setting and working to accomplish goals changes you as a person.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Free To Focus – With Michael Hyatt – Episode 206
- Your Best Year Ever ⇐ Get the new book right here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!