TMHS 312: Reclaim Your Time, Build Your Life Resume, & Why Experience Is Overrated – With Guest Jesse Itzler
Productivity is not a superpower, but a result of effective time management. Roman philosopher Seneca said, “It’s not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it.” Today, that sentiment is even more true than it was in the Roman years. With the advent of cell phones, social media, and television, we’re more disconnected than ever.
That’s why I’m so excited to share today’s guest with you. Jesse Itzler has done plenty of impressive things with his time. From managing Run-DMC to starting and selling profitable businesses, to running 100-mile ultra-marathons, Jesse has had a successful life thus far. But recently, he started thinking about how to better manage his time and channel his intuition. This journey led him to a monastery in upstate New York, where he spent 15 days learning incredible life lessons.
On this episode of the Model Health Show, Jesse is sharing the powerful lessons he learned from his experience living with monks. He’s sharing powerful tips about effective time management and focus, how to truly express gratitude, and how to find happiness while pursing your goals. His story is full of incredible wisdom and insight, I hope it will inspire you to unplug, reevaluate your priorities, and live up to your potential.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Jesse fell in love with hip hop (and ultimately became the manager for Run-DMC!)
- The catalyst that inspired Jesse to go live with monks.
- How to create your own luck and make things happen in your life.
- The meaning of building your life resume.
- What the greatest secret weapon we all possess is.
- How the concept moderation is often used as an excuse.
- The misconceptions that Jesse held about monks.
- How to be more intentional about how you spend your time.
- A simple test you can use to identify what areas in your life to improve.
- The importance of consistently practicing gratitude.
- What it means to dodge the arrows.
- Why Jesse’s wife set up a 40-minute fake commute.
- How (and why!) to identify the places where you can think best.
- Why experience isn’t as important as most of us think
- What monotasking is, and how you can use it to ramp up your productivity.
- The importance of saying no.
- How decision fatigueimpacts your energy levels.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Take Control Conference <= Use the Promo code HEALTH for 10% off!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Living with the Monks by Jesse Itzler
- Living with a Seal by Jesse Itzler
- Build Your Life Resume Course
- The Power of No with James Altucher – Episode 217
- Connect with Jesse Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!