This might be one of the most important shows I’ve ever done. There really is nothing more important than harboring safe passage for our new babies into the world. And there’s nothing more important than making sure that moms are happy, healthy, and supported along the way.
Today, you’ll hopefully be a little shocked to find out how our conventional medical system has been failing families. You’re going to learn some statistics that will blow your mind! But, more importantly, hopefully you’ll be propelled to take action to help make changes for the positive. Whether it’s through your own birthing process, the birthing process of a significant other or family member, or sharing the information out to your community, we all can make a huge difference starting right now.
Dr. Christiane Northrup is an obstetrician and gynecologist with decades of experience. She’s also the bestselling author of several books and one of the world’s leading advocates for women’s health and wellness. She’s on the show today to share some of the most crucial information I’ve ever come across. Make no mistake, this episode is definitely not just for women. Everyone needs to learn from Dr. Northrup’s experience. I truly believe it can save lives, and make millions of lives exponentially better. It’s time to take better care of ourselves and our communities. Just click play, take good notes, and use what you learn to make a positive difference.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How childbirth has devolved into being a constant medical emergency.
- Where the modern day hospital birthing position was developed (this is important!).
- How a specific supportive presence during childbirth can reduce labor up to 50%.
- The surprising truth about fetal monitoring.
- Why we need to change our perception about the role men/partners play in the birthing process.
- How epidurals affect the mother and child during birth.
- The facts about why many hospitals are putting convenience before the safety of the mother.
- How the c-section rates in the U.S. compare to other countries (you need to know this!).
- Why induced labors have become so much more common today.
- Why we need to reconsider when and how we cut the umbilical cord.
- Important information regarding newborn baby circumcision.
- The significant immune system benefits children receive by being born vaginally.
- How the overuse of antibiotics is affecting us today.
- The incredible ways that breastfeeding helps developing babies.
- Whether or not breastfeeding will make breasts saggy long-term.
- What you need to know about recent discoveries with vaccinations.
- Whether or not having children when the mother is 35+ should be a major concern for families.
- Which practical, but immensely valuable things can help support mothers during the first few weeks after childbirth.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Squatty Potty ⇐ Get yours right here at an exclusive 15% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Flexnor Report
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!