Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 78: How Taboos Control Your Life,Teeth, Clothes, Sexual Desires & More with Daniel Vitalis
It’s even taboo to talk about taboos. Even though we may not realize it, our social taboos are able to keep us imprisoned within our own minds.
Don’t you want to know what invisible forces are governing the way you think, feel, and function on a daily basis? Don’t you want to know why you do what you do?
Well, even if you did, it’s very difficult to find out what they are because they are usually a “blind spot” in our consciousness.
I’m not talking about science fiction, and Neo waking up from a dream within The Matrix. I’m talking about science fact, and how our perception of reality is largely governed by beliefs that we never got to choose ourselves. Could your faulty beliefs be causing you to struggle and fail repeatedly in your life?
This is where a teacher like Daniel Vitalis come in…
He can instantly redirect your focus to help you see the things in your life that are hiding in plain sight.
I often say that our relationships are the #1 most influential factor on our health and happiness. Why this episode is so valuable is that we often carry a lot of guilt, shame, and fear surrounding our relationships and don’t really know why.
Most of us want to have happy, healthy relationships in our lives, but we tend to find many creative ways of screwing them up. We self-sabotage and don’t know why. We stay in the wrong relationships and don’t know why. We look for problems when they’re not there, and we often feel that we are inadequate or that something is “wrong” with us.
I’m sorry, but chances are, there is nothing wrong with you. You are a wildly amazing human being, with many gifts, talents, capacities, and complexities that make you uniquely you. The perfect you that you are.
Today we’re going to break open a can of whoop a$% on taboos so that we can be free of the guilt, shame, and fear that may be holding you back from health and happiness.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why being optimistic isn’t necessarily natural for humans.
- What taboos actually are (and how they make us want things more).
- How taboos function in our psyche.
- What the the Intrinsic Taboo is (you need to know this!)
- How many “wild human” tribes are left in the world (and what advantages they have over us).
- How cavities in teeth are related to osteoporosis.
- What Dr. Weston A. Price discovered about the dental health of indigenous peoples.
- Why our cravings for sugar are natural (I don’t mean for Oreo cookies though!)
- How the clothes you wear affect the health of your teeth (crazy, but true!)
- Why artificial light is damaging our sleep cycles.
- What some of our programmed fears about being naked are.
- How guilt and shame have been so heavily connected to sex.
- What “mating strategies” can be observed in humans.
- What the different types of monogamy are.
- What mate guarding is and why we have a relationship tension within us.
- How the media uses sex to stimulate the strongest drive in us.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- ReWild Yourself With Daniel Vitalis – Model Health Podcast
- ReWild Yourself! Magazine
- Surthrival.com <- (use the coupon code MODELHEALTH)
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
WANT TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
Take Your Passion For Health And Wellness And Turn It Into A Lucrative Career.
Helping others to transform their health is one of the most rewarding things you can do. No matter what level you're at, or where you are on your own health journey, there are countless people who can benefit from your support! Here you'll learn from the very best instructors in the world in health AND in business to create a fun, thriving career and live life on your terms.