Subscribe to The Model Health Show:
TMHS 70: How To Accomplish Any Goal You Want, Overcome Addictions & Reframe Your Thinking with James Swanwick
Many people in our modern world have this romantic idea that we’re always supposed to have what we want.
Most of us have never stop to realize that not having what we want is often at the root of our unhappiness.
I’m not talking about fantastical delusions like wishing you had a spaceship, wishing you were besties with Kanye West AND Taylor Swift (that would make for some interesting conversations), or wishing you were richer than Scrooge McDuck, swimming in a vault of money.
These are all far out fantasies… What I’m talking about here is something more tangible.
We all want to be loved. We all want to feel supported. We all want to feel safe and healthy. We all want to know that we truly matter.
These are not misguided desires, these are all human nature. But, it’s the way we go about achieving these things that cause us so much pain and frustration.
Is there work you really want to be doing, but can’t seem to make it happen because of your current circumstances? Are you as healthy as you want to be? Are you happy in your relationships? Are you waking up doing the things that fulfill you everyday?
On a negative side, do you have patterns of behavior that cause you to fail again and again? Do you have addictions that are hurting you consciously or unconsciously? Do you find yourself giving up on having the things you really want and find yourself settling?
You absolutely can achieve many of the great things that you set out to do. It’s just about having the right strategy to make them a reality. To get you that strategy, I’ve got a guest who knows a thing or two about achieving great things. Right now you’re going to learn from James Swanwick who’s a former ESPN Sportcenter Anchor, celebrity journalist, and author who had no idea how he was going to make his goals a reality until he started to implement his five step formula that he’s going to share with you today.
But before we get into how to really achieve your goals, here’s one of the biggest secrets of all…
It’s not in acquiring these things that make us happy. And it’s not in getting rid of the negative things that make us happy. It is the PROCESS of achieving the goals that brings the very best out of us and makes us who we are. This is where real long-term happiness resides.
Don’t go chasing after your goals to find happiness because it will only end in discontentment. Chase after your goals because the process will enliven you… And achieve your goals because you can!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why focusing on the behavior you want to change can cause you to fail.
- How to reframe your thinking to make accomplishing your goal easier.
- The 5 steps to achieving any goal you want.
- Why you need to be more specific when setting your goals.
- How your brain filters out data to help you find what you want.
- How to use “how” and “what” questions to RADICALLY increase your ability to accomplish your goals (this is so powerful!)
- How to overcome addictions by using an incremental process.
- Why writing your goal down actually works.
- How to create “small victories” that help you achieve your goals.
- The real reason that people don’t take action to achieve what they want.
- What the fear of success is and how it can sabotage you.
- How to overcome obstacles that come up while working on your goals.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- James Swanwick
- How Food Impacts Your Genetics – The Model Health Show
- Alpha Male Club – Podcast
- Date Top 10 Men with James – Podcast
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
HEALTHY MEALS EVERYONE WILL LOVE
The Greatest Gift You Can Give Your Family is Health
When you gather your family around the table to share nutritious food, you’re not only spending quality time with them - you’re setting them up for success in all areas of their lives.
The Eat Smarter Family Cookbook is filled with 100 delicious recipes, plus the latest science to support the mental, physical and social health of your loved ones.