TMHS 164: Sex, Drugs, And The Sleep Revolution – With Arianna Huffington
There’s a battle going on for your health. Never before in human history have we had so many things vying for our time and attention. And never before have we had so many things that pull us further and further from our natural state of health and well-being.
Arianna Huffington has become a voice on the frontline leading the charge to take back control of our health. Her winning battle tactic: great sleep.
Arianna was noted at one of The World’s 100 Most influential People by Time magazine and she’s using her platform of influence to help spark The Sleep Revolution.
Your body undergoes the greatest transformation from your diet and exercise while you are asleep. It’s the ultimate pillar of health that actually makes sustainable change happen. Today you’re going to learn how sleep impacts everything from your sex life, to your physical appearance, to your performance at work. Plus, you’ll get proven tips to become a talented sleep warrior so that you can be skilled at getting the best sleep of your life.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The amazing story that enabled Arianna Huffington to create the Huffington Post.
- What inspired Arianna to become so passionate about sleep wellness.
- How the industrial revolution became the catalyst for our modern day sleep problems.
- Why Arianna says that sleep deprivation is the new smoking.
- Why melatonin is actually a big player in fat loss.
- What Arianna’s evening sleep ritual looks like.
- Why we need sleep to metabolize stress.
- Why you might want to consider changing your relationship with your alarm clock.
- The shocking impact that common sleep medications have on your body.
- What role our dreams play in our lives.
- How sleep is intimately connected to beauty and sexual attraction.
- How our food choices impact our sleep quality.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code modelhealth for 20% off & a free book!
- Ettitude ⇐ Get 10% off of these organic, hypoallergenic bamboo lyocell sheets!
- The Huffington Post
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!